Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Note on Behalf of the Pup

This is Stina, and I am writing this on behalf of Tooty, as she is not able to focus too much right now. As you know the two of us are like peas in a pod - where one of us is, you will surely find the other...always together and the best of buds. *s* So I am here on her behalf to bring you some sad news which has not only knocked the wind out of her, but her mojo as well.

Yesterday afternoon Tooty's partner of 20 years passed away very suddenly right in front of her. Although he had been ill for a long time and he was going downhill fast, the nature in which he passed was very sudden and very quick. He literally dropped to the floor in front of her after saying he wasn't feeling well and as if he was going to faint. In a matter of seconds he was gone. Tooty tried to roll him to perform CPR but couldn't move him as he was too heavy for her. I guess one consolation was that it was quick.

Tooty posted this on her Facebook profile last night:
"What's on my mind - well LIFE... today my partner of 20 years passed away. He was my best friend through the good times and the sad times. I miss him so much alreay, and it has only been a few hours. I feel so lost and alone right now. I am sorry, I just had to let you know how the PUP is feeling right now. Grief is a very painful thing. It hurts. I may not be around for awhile."

She just needs some time to herself, to grieve and hold onto her memories. She was his sole carer for a long time and now the house must seem very empty without him there. Though she still has Tootypup (her faithful and bestest friend) the whole thing has shaken her up a bit and she is a bit of a mess at the moment. She asked that I let everyone known that she will be out of action for the time being. She may or may not be around for a while, and I just wanted to let you know that she hadn't disappeared...but she isn't doing too well and is just grieving.

Let's all hold her fast in our thoughts and pray for strength for her. She will tell you that she is a "tuff PUP" but she's not so tough - not when you lose a loved one.

Thinking of you Toots, and sending tons and tons of love. (Stina)

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with the family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers of course! Take care.

    Big hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete